So I Came From a Fabled University?
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Captain's Log Supplemental Stardate -317405.33
1. Made known or famous by fables; legendary.
2. Existing only in fables; fictitious.
3. A usually short narrative making an edifying or cautionary point and often employing as characters animals that speak and act like humans.
4. A story about legendary persons and exploits.
5. A falsehood; a lie.
I don't usually flame someone on the internet, especially respectable people online. I normally let n00bs pass, not unless if that person is so bluntly stupid. Respect is earned right? But this time, this certain IT consultant lost my respect after BASHING MY ALMA MATTER by branding it a "fabled" university.
A few days ago, Mon referred to my post about Sigaw ng Bayan's 9 million hits on his entry at PinoyTechBlog. Someone, who goes by the alias bloggementarist / wrencelot, got offended with my entry. Ummm no, he's not the one I'm gonna flame right now.
Let me summarize the story on this paragraph. Bloggementarist got "offended" with this part: "CISCO certified individual listening to a 1st year nursing student trying to explain the basics of the internet". Obviously, the knowledge of mr-know-it-all-bloggementarist about the internet is limited that he actually thought that by just using the internet, one can easily explain the ins and outs. Since the point I'm trying to express via my example cannot be comprehended by most, I've edited it. The discussion over PinoyTechBlog has gotten worse since this bloggementarist / wrencelot guy kept on avoiding the questions being asked him and has started to put words into my mouth. He DID apoligize to me, but immediately accused me of being guilty over my entry. Andrew and Karlo started to join the discussion. Andrew with his antics and Karlo on the intellectual side. This bloggementarist / wrencelot guy even asked me to research more on his background so I'll know more about him... I did. And I'll tell you that story on another entry.
So now you know the gist of the story, now let's go back to the "fabled" thing. This IT Consultant guy posted an entry on his blog regarding our mini-discussion over PinoyTechBlog. I've seen his blog before and he's different from your normal know-it-all-guy bashing troll. Besides being an IT Consultant at a software firm, he's an Open Source aficionado and Java developer. Here's his entry:
classic example of a fragment of pinoy society's sickness
Filed under: Rants, Pinoy n Pinas - Richard at 11:52 am on Sunday, May 28, 2006
I have been monitoring PinoyTechBlog (9 million visitors can't be wrong?) lately. The comment posts are becoming quite dirty. The frackers Jegoy, Siomai Master and Karlopongit are pooling resources and intimidation power to gang up on one person, blogger bloggementarist (aka wrencelot). The latter earlier complained that about Jegoy's unsavory remarks about CCNA profesionals versus nursing freshmen. Points were made, apologies flew and some blog edits were commited. But... but... but... the bashing never stops. Just watch the circus and be amazed. I sided earlier with the three stooges' point of view. But later on, they started on a spree of character assasination and foul mouthing. I tried restraining myself in providing my own comment post not because I am afraid of any bashing, but because I don't want to stoop to such stupidity. Siomai is supposedly an instructor at the fabled university: AMA. What kind of example Siomai is trying to project to his students? Oh well, this is my blog and I'd choose to bash whoever I want...
To the PTB mods, WTF!
No link on Jegoy, Siomai and Karlopongit's blog? No lah! I won't give away precious backlinks to such unworthy people.
I normally let this kind of comment pass. That's his opinion and who am I to argue with him right? BUT.. BUT... BUT.... this pissed me off, "Siomai is supposedly an instructor at the fabled university: AMA." I thought he'll not stoop to stupidity? But now, he's branding MY alma-matter fabled? Call me paranoid, but from the way I (and a lot of my friends) look at it, he's trying to imply that my alma matter's a fake university. C'mon. Now who's foul mouthing here? FYI, I entered AMACU when it was still a College. They were already finalizing the requirements for our University status. And finally they passed. I was the one who framed the certificate. peke pala ha...
- Character assasination? I MERELY POSTED LINKS TO HIS PREVIOUS POSTS. He suggested to look for his posts right? RIGHT? (you've been following our posts so you may have read that too). So posting his (wrencelot) "Pinoy Blogging Community" trash talk is already a characted assasination?
- Yes Siomai, errr... Siopao's an instructor but his students are old enough to understand right? My God! They're college students! They're no todlers. Don't underestimate their capability.
- "The latter earlier complained that about Jegoy's unsavory remarks about CCNA profesionals versus nursing freshmen." <<-- Just when did I pitted CCNA professionals against nursing freshmen? Are you really following our posts? Or you're too amazed with the comments? You're an IT person, therefore you should understand that the internet is complex and cannot be explained easily by ordinary 1st year college students. With all those layers, protocols, etc., I doubt it.
- His blog title states, "classic example of a fragment of pinoy society's sickness" <<-- Are you really an IT Consultant? Now the Pinoys contributed flaming and trolling to this world?! What a wonderful generalization Mr. IT Services Consultant. These were simply "hyped" internet discussions. Haven't you seen one Mr. Consultant? They're all over the net. Did you ever actually considered that wrencelot's posts were flamebaits?
AND PLEASE, don't drag the word "pinoy" to this incident. You're giving the others the wrong impression that if there's some internet flaming, it's because of some Pinoy Society's sickness.
BTW, since you ran away from your country just to earn more moolah, aren't you a fragment of pinoy society's sickness yourself? Instead of being a consultant with a local firm, you chose another country. Anyway, who am I to ask right?
And oh, WELCOME TO THE INTERNET! :)
- No link on Jegoy, Siomai and Karlopongit's blog? No lah! I won't give away precious backlinks to such unworthy people. <<-- As I've said earlier, I respect people and I don't normally flame. But since you branded my school "fabled", I'll be arrogant with you. Who do you think you are threatening me with your "precious" backlinks? If you're one of the those big bloggers, I might sob in one corner, BUT YOU'RE NOT. Karlo's blog (most of them nonsense - sorry karlo :P) traffic is an edge over your technical and more serious blog. Maybe it's you who needs my "precious" backlinks eh? Umm... maybe not. NO LINKS TO SUCH UNWORTHY PERSON.
I wouldn't have reacted with your blog entry BUT... BUTTTT... Calling my university fake? Damn. You're worse than wrencelot.
Oh well, this is my blog and I'd choose to bash whoever I want...
P.S. Take Andrew's advice :)
[END FLAME ON]
*Computer end log*
Love my blog? Then subscribe by entering your email address below. You will receive blog updates directly to your inbox.