The Truth Will Set You Free
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Captain's Log Stardate -315996.76
I guess there's no more reason to keep the identity of this guy a secret. He's the first one to reveal my identity to his friends anyway. The person I'm talking about is Pierre Tito Galla or popularly known online as The Jester-In-Exile.
I don't need to tell everyone again what he's been doing to GameOPS and my friends and even other bloggers not related to GameOPS. You can read them all by clicking these links:
I swallowed my pride and tried to reach out to the guy. I asked him nicely about correcting his post regarding GameOPS, Rocky and Andrew. But what did I get? Insults. Yeah, insults.
- GameOPS' Official Statement on the Accusations of Pierre Tito Galla (AKA Jester-in-Exile)
- Clearing My Name and GameOPS of the False Accusations of Pierre Tito Galla (AKA The Jester-In-Exile) by Rocky Opiña
- GameOPS Official Statement Regarding Jester-In-Exile's Accusations by Mark Bravo
- Mr. Pierre Tito Galla the new Christy Fermin? by Andrew Delos Santos
- Jester’s entry is full of lies by Reyna Elena
- Acceptance Speech by bluepanjeet
- Thesaurus Without Logic
- Jester-in-Exile Should be Exiled by Karlo Datoc
Even before what happened on my birthday, I didn't mind his twisted post. Karlo already did a great job defending GameOPS. But our readers still think we're something we're not. I needed to do something before it causes a permanent damage on GameOPS. If Jester's post was only about Rocky or Andrew or Me, I don't care but I won't allow it if the name and credibility of GameOPS is being put on the line.
This would have been over if,
me: hey, correct your post. it's misleading.
jester: ok, i'll update my post with, "UPDATE: issue has been resolved and everything is ok..."
END OF STORY.
But no, instead of addressing my simple request, I got insulted and even exposed our supposedly private conversation with his friends. The funny thing was, he exposed my identity because of this post. A post where I didn't give a f*cking clue who I'm talking about.
I wasn't asking for a retraction. I was only asking that he edit his post and tell the facts. Not some twisted version of his.
I know this issue is long dead but I think you should consider editing your original post about GameOPS (specifically towards Rocky and Andrew/Siopao Master). I received an email the other day from a long time reader of GameOPS accusing us of being unfair because of maligning the good name of the PBA... You know what? He read everything from your blog. We all know that what you have written is kinda twisted.
I am looking forward to your editted entry and a note of your mistake at the bottom of your original post. Thanks.
Mark and Rocky said it already. GameOPS is our baby. It survived almost everything, even surviving the gaming website crash that killed one of our websites, DOGZ (Destiny's Online GameZone). And I won't let GameOPS be 'killed' by the likes of Pierre Tito Galla a.k.a The Jester In Exile.
I used to respect Jester. Maybe because he writes... well... verbose. But everything changed after this incident. Imagine this, he won an award for best single news blog post yet he blogs like a run-off-the-mill tabloid reporter. He hates mainstream media on their way of delivering reports. He said that reports from media lacked context. Quoting an interview from Sun.Star General Santos,
Pierre Tito Galla, a Baguio City-based blogger who was invited for an outside pundit's view of Mindanao, lamented that main stream media sometimes neglect to give the proper context to their reportage.
"For instance, the bombings that occurred in the past are not terrorism related but motivated by extortion. This must be clarified in the reporting," he said.
"As bloggers, we must give the proper context and there could be no limit to space since we could write all we want and post them in our sites," he added, citing the lack of time or space constraints in the mainstream media that result to good stories ending in the trash cans or in the inside pages.
Ironic isn't it? He laments on mainstream media's lack of context to properly deliver the news yet he himself is guilty of doing more. Fabricating stories and lies just to sensationalize himself without thinking how this will damage reputations of websites like our GameOPS. Maybe just to be praised by his friends who are angry with another group who were criticizing the awards? I dunno.
I also find it odd to that he referred to Rocky as having a work not up to scratch to what the judges wanted when in fact Rocky was talking about my entry and not GameOPS. He should address me and not Rocky.
If you have problems with people Mr. Galla, tell them directly. Don't pick on guys who you thought won't answer back(Ex. Rocky). Are you afraid of getting n00b roasted? I won't hesitate to wear my anti-n00b super hero suit again if it means roasting you. I'll gladdddly wear it again. And please, don't cry that me and my friends at GameOPS are ganging up on you. We are only protecting the name of GameOPS we've protected and nurtured for the past 10 years.
During this whole incident, I received a lot of private Twits, Plurks and emails from blogging buddies and friends. Some of these people already met and interacted with Jester in person. I have to admit, their messages gave me smiles. I won't mention their names because I respect them but I will post what they've said so I could share them to everyone. :)
Unlike Pierre Tito Galla, I don't lie. Unlike Tim Cumper, I don't create imaginary friends and readers. These are messages from actual people. People who aren't related to GameOPS and people who I haven't even met. It's just nice to know that me and my friends from GameOPS are not alone :~)
- thank got it's not only me who finds him a bit annoying.
- you actually understood everything he wrote? because I don't.
- lol. His head is too full of self importance. I'm suprised it's so small in pics.
- Just let it be man,it's like arguing with a moron, you just end up going to his level.
- Ignore jester, I know I do.
- Sana "UPDATE: The issue has been cleared and all's well" sana man lang nilagay nya.
- Takteng Jester yan, kung kausap mo kala mo alam ang lahat.
- He's one of the reasons why I no longer go to blog events. He's everywhere.
- Ugh, honestly, that Jester guy is so bleh. His blog gives the impression that he's a whiny little bitch and he's the same offline. Plus, he's oogleh.
- just ignore him man. your friend karlo already said everything.
- nakakatawa siya. baka gusto lang magpasikat sa kabarkada
- cursing someones mother (who he doesn't even know) just to get attention is the work of an attention whore
- Tim Cumper version 2? LULZ!
- ive read his blogs he gives me headache
- fugly blog from a fugly person. believe me.
- he thinks he's high and mighty with his post but fact of the matter is only meriam webster can understand him
- f****g i***t
- tangina ang panget naman niyan. offensively panget
- jester is a joker and he sucks. srsly.
Again, to those guys coming from The Jester-In-Exile's blog and have read a post about GameOPS, Rocky and Andrew, we didn't do anything wrong. THOSE WRITTEN ON THE JESTER IN EXILE's BLOG ABOUT US ARE LIES. We won't do anything just to malign the people and groups just because we're supposedly bitter over something. I know how difficult it is to organize an event like the Philippine Blog Awards 2008 and I bow to the guys who made this possible. They have my respect.
Rocky said it best, we only wanted the truth nothing more. Happy New Year and I hope liars burn in hell. If not, I'll burn them personally.
By the way, bombing IS terrorism. LOL.
Another by the way, I won't stop hunting you down unless you correct everything you've said and say sorry.
"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him. I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares maelstrom and 'round perdition's flame before I give him up! Prepare to alter course." - Khan Noonien Singh
*Computer end log*
Labels: blogging, personal
Love my blog? Then subscribe by entering your email address below. You will receive blog updates directly to your inbox.