Globe Telecom Launches Unlimited GSM-based Wireless Landline
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Captain's Log Stardate -314257.53
There's a new plan at Globe called Plan DUO. Plan DUO allows you Unlimited Calling to and from any landline number as well as Unlimited Calling to and from any DUO postpaid mobile subscriber within Metro Manila and Cebu.
As of now, Plan DUO is only available to Globe Postpaid subscribers. Duo Subscription is priced at Php399 per 30 days and is charged on top of your monthly phone bill. Once a postpaid subscriber subscribes to DUO, he/she will be issued a second number in the format of (local area code+XXXXXX).
Postpaid subscribers will NOT be issued a second SIM once subscribed to DUO, instead, a second "landline" number will be assigned to your current SIM. In effect, your postpaid SIM will have 2 numbers. One is your regular 0917-xxxxxx mobile number and the other is an "alias" or forwarder for your landline calls.
If you remember, a dual line/one SIM card subscription was offered by Smart before wherein you must switch lines in order to use the other. DUO does not require switching. :)
I still carry 3 mobile phones as of today. 1 for Globe, 1 for Sun and 1 for PLDT Landline Plus. I just hope Globe launches Duo for prepaid subscribers so I can ditch my PLDT Landline Plus SIM card and even my Sun Cellular SIM.
How DUO works:
- Subscription to DUO Service is •399/30days on top of a Globe Plan.
- Once you are subscribed to Duo, you will be given your Duo Landline number. Now, your mobile phone and SIM will have two (2) numbers: your current mobile number (i.e. 0917-XXX-XXXX) and your Duo Landline number (i.e. 02-XXX-XXXX).
- Upon activation, the following calls are rendered free of charge: DUO to any Landline calls, any Landline to DUO calls, and DUO to DUO calls. Calls made to other mobile numbers are charged regular mobile rates.
- Everytime you call, no need for a keyword or special prefix:
Service is initially available in NCR and Cebu only. All other calls outside the area code (02 for NCR or 32 for Cebu) will be charged regular mobile NDD rates.
- To call any landline just dial the area code and the landline number
- To call another DUO number just dial the area code and the DUO number of the person you are calling
- For any landline to call you a person will just dial the area code and your DUO landline number
How to avail Duo:
- Promo is open to all Globe Postpaid subscribers.
- Subscriber can avail of the service through the Business Centers or Register via SMS (with required SMS acceptance of Terms and Conditions). Simply text DUO to 8888.
- There will be an initial 90-day holding period for new activations, subject to pre-termination fee of P1,200.
- You can only avail of one (1) active DUO landline number for every active Globe line, at any one time.
- After the holding period, subscription is auto-renewed on a monthly basis unless otherwise requested by the subscriber.
- In cases of fraud, Globe reserves the right to discontinue the DUO service, and any of the subscriptions. DUO is not available for International Service Resale.
- Duo is currently not available for prepaid or corporate accounts.
G-Plan subscribers can subscribe now by going to the nearest Globe Business Center or register by sending DUO to 8888! Promo period is from April 5- July 3, 2009 only.
Disclosure: Blog owner is a forum administrator of myGlobe, a website of Globe Telecom.
*Computer end log*
Love my blog? Then subscribe by entering your email address below. You will receive blog updates directly to your inbox.